Sound Revamp

• Corleone is obviously not the most graphically intensive game out there but the sounds of the game shouldn’t reflect it. Even the machete sound is currupt or something but whatever happened to the sounds of this game, it hurts my ears. I will be posting new and improved sound effects to hopefully replace the non copyright sounds we have right now. Also, hopefully the database we have right now can hold high quality sounds. I will be uploading my sounds to a google drive folder and sharing the link. This way, you can listen and view all of the sounds I have created so far and google drive doesn’t have an upload limit of 5 mb or so.

——————————————————————————
    So far I’ve done:

• Can't wait to hear some of your sounds. Admittedly, I do play with the sound off, in most games 🤷 but maybe if the sounds were music to my ears 😉 I'd enjoy leaving the sound on.

• I have created a pm sound and a base overtake sound that plays when you take the flag in a base rather than that weird explosion sound you hear.

• @Kolo personally I dislike both of them.

1. The base overtake sound is quite sudden and abrupt sounding like a drum beat x2.
    2. The pm notif sound - I don't like the way the way 'bounces' back. I'd prefer like a high sound (not too high) and for the sound not to be done twice if you know what I mean - like you have 'note note' , maybe a single 'note' would be better - so you could tell how many pms you are getting roughly, especially in gang chat - where lots of messages occur.

Just some criticism 😅 for you to help you. The effort you are putting in is really energetic and positive and I am sure you will produce great sounds. 👍

~Z

• @Z-Tetris said in Sound Revamp:

@Kolo personally I dislike both of them.

1. The base overtake sound is quite sudden and abrupt sounding like a drum beat x2.
    2. The pm notif sound - I don't like the way the way 'bounces' back. I'd prefer like a high sound (not too high) and for the sound not to be done twice if you know what I mean - like you have 'note note' , maybe a single 'note' would be better - so you could tell how many pms you are getting roughly, especially in gang chat - where lots of messages occur.

Just some criticism 😅 for you to help you. The effort you are putting in is really energetic and positive and I am sure you will produce great sounds. 👍

~Z

I appreciate your feedback. Lots of things for me to consider. If you listen to the game right now, every sound is sudden and sounds like it was sampled from a 1940's game. So any new sounds would be great at this point. I will edit them later 🙂 I kind of thing they would fit better with the game than the current samples and they are much higher quality which is what I'm going for overall. The game would benefit greatly if it had some bass to it's sounds.

• @Kolo Yeah I don't like the sounds right now either, especially the PM Notif sound and the hit-marker sound (sound when you hit someone) as well as the base overtake sound.
    Could you make variations of the sounds. Try make a soft high pitched sound for the notif sound and a not so loud sound for the base one.

• I feel the base overtaking sound could be improved, but the pm sound I love

• Cant wait to listen to more of your sounds @Kolo 😃