Potential Request for Selective Canvas Scaling

• Alright, the old ones are familiar with what I am trying to request

Example:

Players, Objects, Tiles, Effects, basically everything happening on the screen, except for GUI, would be scaled (factor 0.5 for example) and the player would remain normal. This can either happen clientside, or serverside (whereas others would assume you are x2, but thats not my intention right now)

The primary idea behind this - wait for it - would be an effect of a simulated z elevation, for flying.

So if I was flying a creature that had a defined path of vectors, or a mount with freeflight, regardless, you would be able to see the world from atop and fly around, or to a destined position.

I am wondering if such a thing is possible here 😛 (flying technology, wink wink)

I know that the main problem on a previous engine was the limitation with the filetype and its encryption and connectivity with other levels.

Here that seems to be different.

@Stefan

• Corleone Staff

oh that's interesting, i would love to float over the world and see as if it was small using a helicopter

• @MJ yep, thats another possitibility in corleones case for example

• @Elk said in Potential Request for Selective Canvas Scaling:

m wondering if s

I already mention having flying technology before but idk if they can or not at this time.
    and creating the zoom in and zoom out functions as well but we will c

• Forum Admin

It could be incooperated directly in the engine. With browser you can already zoom out quite a lot, if you zoom out more / fly higher it would need to display prerendered parts of the map.

• @Stefan said in Potential Request for Selective Canvas Scaling:

It could be incooperated directly in the engine. With browser you can already zoom out quite a lot, if you zoom out more / fly higher it would need to display prerendered parts of the map.

but its possible for the character to remain the normal size? (+other objects attached etc)

prerendering sounds awful though, why not realtime scaling? (so you can still see players walking around below)

• @Elk I feel like with this scaling stuff, it would be possible to create a first person version of this game with a ton of tweaking with the engine. Although a first person version of Corleone would literally be amazing, it would take an extraordinary amount of graphic and animation skill to create content for the game. I might try my hand at making a first person demo of the game in a few weeks or so.

Just imagine it. First person corleone that has amazing graphics and gun models etc. Definitely would make a fantastic AAA game. Furthermore, basing would be intense and would require real skill with hitscan guns alongside 3D landscapes... eSports, baby!